A very good article about ways to make Windows Vista perform better on borderline hardware.
I decided to keep only these settings activated in visual effects. It gives a nice balance between speed in good looks.
- Show preview and filters in folder
- Show thumbnails instead of icons
- Show window contents while dragging
- Smooth edges of screen fonts
- Smooth-scroll list-boxes
- Use drop shadows for icon labels on the desktop
- Use visual styles on windows and buttons
This entry was posted by and is filed under Software.